In the year 1837 Ferdinand Zögernitz opened his casino, built in the Biedermeier-style, in Viennas former suburb Oberdöbling, today 19th district, with a performance by Johann Strauß Father. Thanks to the horse-drawn railway, which had its last stop at the casino, and the countless performances by well-known bandleaders, it developed into one of the most popular entertainment destinations of the Viennese. The building changed owners often and was subject of numerous renovations over time, but in contrast to the other dance and concert venues of the area, it still remains today. To preserve this jewel of the suburbs it was put under monumental protection in 2008. The content of this work is a detailed research of the building history and the buildings historical use, as well as its role in the event culture of the Biedermeier era and the development of the district. In addition, it is integrated in the building type „Casino”. A proposal for a preservationand revitalisation concept that allows further use of the building in its original purpose, was worked out based on the analysis of the existing structure. Since structural alteration works have already begun before work on this thesis commenced, the occurred and future demolition works will be analysed and evaluated in their accordance with the lawful treatment of protected historic Monuments.