The castle Großkirchheim, located in Döllach in the municipality of Großkirchheim since the 16th century, consists of two buildings that are connected by the walls of its courtyard. The main building is the Northen one, which was built in 1530 on behalf of Melchior Putz. He was a successful dealer, specifically in the field of gold mining in the High Tauern. 30 years later he ruled the province of Großkirchheim, and in 1561 he constructed a second larger building; the southern part of the castle. This building was used for administration purposes and was mainly constructed as a symbol which represented his new position as a ruler. In the courtyard lays the remains of a protestant chapel, which was also built on the initiative of the Putz family. Based on the research and investigations, the proposed suggestion for the Castle Großkirchheim is to develop a concept to extend the Building.