The working-class district Floridsdorf has undergone significant flux in recent decades in its development of urban planning. Production facilities and factories, which used to characterise the historic townscape, had to make way for residential buildings, which is also true for the agricultural machinery factory “Hofherr-Schrantz-Clayton-Shuttleworth“. Today, the only remains of the original complex located near Shuttleworth Street are a water tower, which was constructed between 1903 and 1905 and is heritage-protected since 1996, and a storage facility which was originally built in 1913. The water reservoir tower, which was built in brick construction, was designed by the architects Franz Anderle and Wilhelm Schimitzek senior, the ferroconcrete- and stonework-based magazine originates from the architect Robert Dammer. The agricultural machinery factory rose to a large-scale enterprise during the 20 th century with nearly 3.000 workers in its heyday. During wartime, the factory was an armour producer and location for a work crew of the concentration camp Floridsdorf. In 1969, the economically weakened company fused with the „Trauzl-Werke“ and the terrain at Shuttleworth Street was sold. Current plans are suggesting further development of the structures including construction of new buildings located at the historic land plot of the agricultural machinery factory. History has shown that the conservation of historic industrial production plants only played a tangential role in the citys urban planning. Therefore, in current times of progressing digitalisation, the importance of the documentation of industrial heritage as a method of industrial archaeology must increase substantially.