Klagenfurt 1728: Under the power of Karl VI, who pushed the development of the road across the Loibl, the city industrialization began. The money nobility and the industrial nobility took over the position of the land nobility. Across the city their newly formed production facilities which were pioneers in the industrial ranges of the monarchy. In 1759, Michael Ritter of Herbert founded the first basic lead carbonate fabric of Austria, demolition 1965. 1762 Empress Maria Theresia sent the Dutchman Jan Thys to Klagenfurt to found the first K u. K. fine-cloth factory, demolition 2010. 1788 the Moro family acquired the cistercian monastery and converted it to a fine-cloth factory, conversion to a school in 1976. The Sigmund Fischl and Co. Spirits factory was founded in 1865, later also known as the Mautner Markhof spirits factory, demolition 2013. As it can be seen in the data, many preserved buildings fell victim to the demolition An End of destruction of the industrial heritage is not in sight. For this reason, this work deals with the sustainable conversion of the industrial culture of Klagenfurt. With the help of the previous analysis, a real project which is to be implemented to the old building, should preserve the historical structure and should nevertheless provide a high quality of architecture to their inhabitants.