The old Belgrade exhibition grounds have a very long and rough history. They are built in 1937 as the first urbanized area on the left bank of the Sava River with the aim of showing the western tendencies of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and improving its economy. In the next three years, the first Belgrade exhibition grounds were a popular destination whose target audience were not only people from Yugoslavia but also people from abroad. The visitors of the exhibitions grounds witnessed a sensational achievement - for the first time TV broadcasting was organized in Yugoslavia. The history of this place most certainly does not end here. World War II changed its original function - the German occupying powers turned the exhibition grounds into a concentration camp. The exhibition halls, which once served the purpose of presenting the latest achievements, turned into accommodation for all enemies of the Nazi regime. Over the years, the exhibition grounds were ignored and left on its own, which led to the fact that nowadays this site is considered one of the worst urban slums in which artists and poor families were housed. The aim of this work is to tell the extraordinary story of this place and to draw attention to what it repre- sents. At the end of the work an elaborated proposal on how this site should be revitalized, is presented.