The best way to preserve a building is to use it. Today we can find in the listed Arsenal, thanks to regular renovations, relatively well-preserved buildings. Only one building breaks out - the object 6. The former depot building from 1851 is at the moment mostly empty, while the ground floor is used as storage by its owner the "Telekom Austria". Rebuilt the last time in the 70s, it since decays slowly but steadily. Discussions with the current owners confirm that there is a desire to change the use of the building, which was tempted by arranging a competition in 2001. However, various circumstances, such as preservation orders, zoning, but mostly difficulties of the building itself, let fail the attempt. In this design project, not only the building shall benefit from a conversion, but also the inhabitants of the arsenal, as well those living in the neighboring development areathe "Sonnwendviertel". Through a variety of cultural and sporting institutions, the current potential of the arsenal as a local recreation area should be strengthened and the residents will be given a new meeting point. The effort was to support the revitalization of the aging arsenal, by an offer attractive to all ages. The in the Arsenal comparatively good connections of the object 6 to public traffic and the immediate exit of the pedestrian bridge, which is a valuable connection to the "Sonnwendviertel", encouraged the decision to, in this project, open the building to the public. The aim of this study was to analyze the historical building and to develop an adequate solution for the conversion of the object, without losing the realistic claim. Conversations with an employee of the national heritage agency were of great importance for the exploration of what is possible. In further steps talks with Arsenal residents and urban analysis led to the final space planning.