The expansion of the fire hall Simmering was built in 1922 by Clemens Holzmeister is the subject of this thesis. The crematorium is the most important expressionist building in Austria and is located in Vienna's 11th district of Simmering. The fire hall is located in the center of the Renaissance system of Schloss Neugebäude and adjacent to the famous Vienna Central Cemetery. The entire area covered by the protected historical landmark and thus makes a structural extension of the crematorium to be a challenging task. Basis for the expansion is the increasing number of cremations in Vienna. The existing crematorium encountered already at its limits and the ability to increase capacity is necessary. The new building fits specifically into the overall ensemble and ruled on the historical development of the area. On the axis of the crematorium between the Schloss Neugebäude, the new entrance building positioned in the simple yet monumental form of a cube. An underground merging of logistic units is the link between the existing crematorium and the expansion. It will be installed at the four existing incinerators another four in the installation of expansion. The fire hall remains in its original function and obtain the three ceremonial halls for adoption continue to be used. The extension still has two more farewell halls with a new type of adoption on the coffin. A large patio offers views in all areas of the crematorium and provides a link between mourning and technology.