The existing building complex of the so called Edelhof at Großhöflein, a farmyard featuring a bathhouse which belonged to the Esterhazy-family in former times, represents the remains of a vast plant consisting of numerous structures which got its largest dimensions around 1810. The treatise refers to the building history of the complex in the first decade of the 19th century especially to the still existing bathhouse designed by Charles Moreau, architect of Prince Nikolaus II Esterhazy, undergoing a detailed analysis. Subsequently there is a view on other bathhouses drawn up by Moreau in Vienna and its environs together with a comparison between the bathing culture of Paris and Vienna around 1800. Finally a glimpse at french theory of architecture at the turn of the century is believed to explain the importance of the cultural and art historical value of the example at Großhöflein. Following the treatise there are some plans resulting from taking measurements of the still existing buildings of the Edelhof and a proposal on the restructuring of the centre of the village concerning the historic stock and the social institutions spreaded all over the place just now.